Friday, September 18, 2009

Words

Words can be beautiful
Words can be sweet
Words can cause you to dance and to leap

Words can give compliments
Words can show love
Words can be prayers, sent up above

Words can be helpful
Words can be wise
Words can be a song, a poem, a lie

Words can be ugly
Words can cause pain
Words can be cruel or crude and inane

Words can cause wars
Words can break hearts
Words can be arrows or daggers or darts

Words can’t be washed
Away in the waves
Be careful with words, they’re taken to graves

Written: September 14, 2009
By Amanda Horvath


Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How true! What inspired you to write it? I really like this.

Kerr Family said...

Did you write this? It's good!

Rays-R-Us said...

I told you that you are a really good writer. You should consider publishing some things... you just have a way with words :) I love it!