Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Stages of a Tantrum

Stage 1: Child asks you so sweetly and nicely for something they think they desperately need right this second (like licorice 5 minutes before dinner).

Stage 2: You say no. Child proceeds to make faces and an ugly whining sound comes from their mouth.
Stage 3: Child then throws him or herself on the floor. Strange faces still being made and strange noises still emitting from child.
Stage 4: Child rolls around on the floor, whining and crying, until you either give them what they want (don't do it!) or distract them with something else.
This post is brought to you by Red Vines... (ok, not really).

Photobucket

4 comments:

JennyMac said...

That looks like a pretty tame tantrum! LOL.

Kristen said...

AWWW she's so cute when she does it though! my friend's mom used to point at him and say "everyone, come look! look at the baby crying" hahahaha he said he stopped shortly after being embarassed at the grocery store.

Kurt+Amy said...

This is too funny, I love that you have all the pics of the stages...lol. Oh I finished the book you sent me today and I absolutely LOVED it, definitely a book to pass on!! :)

Rays-R-Us said...

Love it! How did you get the pictures at the right stages? LOL. And I have to agree with JennyMac... that tantrum looks pretty tame, but then again we can't hear her noises... and maybe you stopped taking pictures when it got more ugly? :)

So far, I'm pretty lucky with Chloe... her tantrums are pretty short. Gracie on the other hand could wail forEVER (and still does!) :)