So here's the book:
The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood
I reviewed this book on Week 12 and I just learned that they are making it into a movie which comes out next year! And Zac Efron is the title character, so you know I'll be going to see it.
Here is the summary: In a snug New England fishing village, Charlie St. Cloud tends the lawns and monuments of an ancient cemetery where his younger brother, Sam, is buried. Graced with an extraordinary gift adter surviving the car accident that claimed his brother's life, Charlie can see, talk to, and even play catch with Sam's spirit. Into this magical world comes Tess Carroll, a captivating young woman training for a solo sailing trip around the globe. Fate steers her boat into a treacherous storm that propels her into Charlie's life. Their beautiful and uncommon connection leads to a race against time and a choice between death and life, between the past and the future, between holding on and letting go - and the discovery that miracles can happen if we simply open our hearts.
So in order to win, leave me a comment and tell me what you are currently reading, your favorite book or one that is on your to-read list!
For a second entry, follow my blog and leave another comment letting me know that you did.
I will announce a winner on Sunday the 13th! Good luck!
10 comments:
I wouldmt mind reading this book even if i dont win. it sound interesting.
What a great idea! My favorite books so far have been Nicholas Sparks' "The Notebook" and of course the Twilight series. I'm currently reading "Parenting the Strong-Willed Child" by Kevin Hinckley.
"The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud" sounds like something I would like to read. And regarding the upcoming movie you mentioned, I just watched "17 again" with Zac Efron... he's a cutie! I think he would have made a better Edward for Twilight :)
What a great giveaway! I am reading one of the Love and Logic books right now, and I don't know what I want to read next. Maybe this one?
My favorite book is, "To Kill a Mockingbird." I'm between books right now but the last book I read was, "Fairest."
Fun!!
I just finished "The time travelors wife" and in all honesty... I hated it! It was waaaay to sad for me and Im just not ok with that... Also it was a bit more adult then I expected.
I am in love will all Jodi Picoult books... so that would cover my fav book!
I've been thinking of doing a giveaway too. :)
Um well I just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows yesterday. And I'm not quite sure what my next book will be.
That book sounds great, I'll have to read it even if I don't win! I just finished The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale and to be honest I'm still not sure what I thought about it.
You are so cute! Having your own giveaway. So cool!
I want new book. And i love giveaways!! I love reading a book and then watching the movie later. I'll cross my fingers!!
I am reading The Tale of Genji. This was actually the worlds first novel, written in the early eleventh century (subject to debate of course). It's pretty good.
Post a Comment