In 4 weeks, I have learned to stop asking "why me?" and start asking "why not me?" What makes me so special that I feel I should be exempt from hurting? I have learned the answer to that question is nothing.
In 4 weeks, I have learned who my true friends are. I have learned who will be there when I need them most, and who will not.
In 4 weeks, I have learned how to be more compassionate and kind. I have learned that saying nothing is the same as saying something hurtful. I have learned that I will never do that to anyone I love.
In 4 weeks, I have learned that I am stronger than I thought I was. I have learned that I can struggle through something, and come out the other end a better person. I can endure and not fail.
In 4 weeks, I have learned to let go. Let go of grudges, let go of pain and let go of my baby. I have learned that there is a time and a purpose for everything, and even if I don't like it or don't understand it, I can accept it.
In 4 weeks, I have learned I will never be the same person I was 4 weeks and 1 day ago. I have learned to embrace this new "normal." I have learned that I can talk about my experience, and not have my heart torn out when I do.
In 4 weeks, I have learned that people say stupid things. I have learned they aren't trying to hurt me, but they do, and it's ok to tell them.
4 weeks ago my heart was broken into pieces. Today, it is mended, but will always have a small hole in it that no one will be able to fill.
Today, I am smarter.
Today, I am stronger.
Today, I am whole.
**If you have no idea what I am referring to, please go here.**
4 comments:
Amanda, you are an amazing woman. May the Lord above bless you in all you desire. Much love, Shelly
That was incredible. You are such a wonderful example and I wish you and your family nothing but happiness.
You are and always will be a stronger, better person than me. People always say that we are given experiences to learn and to grow. I wish with all my heart that you never had to go through with what you did to get to where you are today but Heavenly Father felt differently. You truely are an amazing woman and I'm so glad to call you my friend.
Amanda I just love you, and I think you are an amazing person!
Post a Comment