Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions


I have a problem with resolutions. Most likely, it's because I have a hard time keeping them. But this year I wanted to change that. There are a lot of things I want to do and accomplish, but I don't want to set my expectations too high. So I'm going to start by working on one thing at a time. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit, but I'm going to give each of my goals a month where I am really working specifically on that one thing before I move on to the next. I haven't figured out what order I will do them in, but I thought I would share my list with you:

1. Start doing yoga and stretching
2. Eat healthier
3. Read my scriptures
4. Study the Sunday lessons
5. Work on improving my marriage (something we should all be doing anyways!!)
6. Spend less time on the computer (even if it means less blogging!)
7. Learn to sew
8. Be more patient
9. Be more thrifty
10. Be more organized
11. Keep a daily journal for kids (write down those little things kids do and say that you want to remember when they're older, but won't unless you jot it somewhere!)
12. Be happy with what I have!

What are some of your resolutions??




Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Those are GREAT resolutions!! I bet you accomplish all of them this year! For each goal, write down a plan on how to get it done. For example, schedule your strectching/scriptures before P gets up, plan out all of your dinners/snacks, etc. I'm just learning to sew as well, maybe we can get together and help each other with sewing projects! Good luck and happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Yay for learning to sew! I want to learn a lot more about sewing this year too! And keeping a journal for your kids is something I have been meaning to do for a long time . . . I think I'll join you!

Katie said...

Goodluck with those! I'm sure you'll do fine. :)

I intentionally did not make resolutions this year. My goal is to continue to work on things that I started (i.e. better fitness, destress more...). I'd love to get back in to doing Yoga again!

I'll let ya know if my non-resolution resolutions work! LOL.