Being a mom is boring at times, but exciting at others.
Being a mom can bring you down sometimes, but it's also the best feeling in the world.
Being a mom is a contradiction.
Just like the other morning. Peyton was up way too early, as usual, and I wasn't really ready for her just yet. I sent her downstairs with her daddy so I could catch a little more shut-eye. Next thing I know, I hear her padding up the stairs and calling me, "Mooooom, where aaaare you?" She walks into my room and I keep my eyes tightly shut, hoping she would see me sleeping and go back downstairs to play. It didn't work. I guess she didn't get the hint.
"Mommy, time to wake up!" she tells me. I open my eyes one at a time and she breaks into the biggest grin. She leans over and gives me a kiss and a hug and then says "I so happy."
I think my heart melted. Or maybe it just grew. Who knows? It's a contradiction.
3 comments:
Ugh, you are so right. Some times I feel like jumping off a cliff and then there are other times that make all the trouble worth it. It's amazing the power our children have over us. All they have to do is look at us or tell us they love us and our hearts are putty in their hands.
Awww she's so cute! You can't help but get up when little ones come in your room.
How sweet is that? It would be hard to stay "asleep" after something like that.
Post a Comment