Thursday, December 10, 2009

Recipe Thursday: Chocolate-Candy Cane Cookies


Chocolate-Candy Cane Cookies

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened

¾ cup butter, softened

1 cup sugar

2 tsp. vanilla

2 ½ cups flour

½ tsp. baking soda

4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted

1 pkg. (6 oz.) premium white baking chocolate

12 hard peppermint candies, crushed


Preheat oven to 350◦. Beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour and baking soda; mix well. Blend in semi-sweet chocolate. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 52 balls. Roll each ball into 3-inch long rope. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet, bending top to resemble a candy cane. Bake 10-12 minutes; cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Microwave white chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with crushed candies. Let stand until chocolate is firm.




**You could also put these into any shape, I just chose candy canes since they were made around Christmas time!**

For more cookies, check out Bake at 350!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Letizia said...

Hi!!!I'm italian mum and I like your blog!!!sorry but I don't speak english very good!!! Bye Lety

Kristen said...

Yummy! I'm going to try to make these this year! They look great! PS I love the above comment.

Jesse Michelsen said...

Uh oh, ya know it's never possible to diet during the holiday. These are def on the to-try list.

Jill Duncan said...

those look so good, I might just have to try them out!!! Thanks!

Kerr Family said...

They were really yummy. Thanks for bringing them to the cookie party. The look pretty too.

Elizabeth D. said...

These look pretty awesome! You can't go wrong with a chocolate cookie, especially a pretty chocolate cookie! Found you on Bake at 350's Flavor of the Month linky. Happy New Year to you!

bridget {bake at 350} said...

What darling cookies! They are so pretty with the white chocolate drizzle and peppermints on top! :)

Dorothy said...

Yum! Cream cheese, chocolate, white chocolate and peppermint sound heavenly. Love the candy cane shapes! :)

Sue said...

What a tasty and different spin on candy cane cookies! These sound delicious, and look so pretty! Happy New Year!

Diane Schmidt said...

Oh they look so good!
Wish I could could reach out and grab one :)