You probably wouldn't remember me, and in fact, I might not recognize you without looking up your picture in my yearbook either. I was in your 10th grade earth and physical science class from 2002-2003 and I disliked you.
At first, I disliked you because you're class was boring. But then you went and gave me detention. Do you remember what it was for? I doubt it, but I do. You gave me detention for writing on my desk....with an eraser. Did you catch that?? I wasn't "writing" on the desk, I was erasing it. Yet for some reason, you thought I was defiling it and gave me detention after school and forced me to clean all of the desks.
Ridiculous! Did you not realize I already was not your biggest fan and that giving one of your very good students detention was not helping the cause? Maybe you did and you just didn't care. Either way, you almost made me cry in front of the whole class and I will never forget it.
Just remember that you brought the erasing of the desks on yourself. After all, I had to do something to keep me awake during your classes.
From (yes, from. You don't even get a sincerely),
Amanda
5 comments:
ahhhh....it must have really traumatized you. That was 6 years ago. LOL...poor thing. That was pretty aweful of him. I had a teacher make me cry in front of the whole class. I am still traumatized by it 15 years later. I still think about it and how embarrased I was that the beast made me cry. She was a beast. I got a D in that class...spanish....and I even went on my lunch breaks to private tutor with her. That was freshman year...my first spanish teacher. After her, I had 3 other spanish teachers and somehow got A's and B's in the other classes. She was an aweful, no good, rotten teacher. The Beast, Mrs. Burgard. She even has a beastly name.
..Interesting..what brought this on? I had a teacher embarrass me pretty good but it wasn't malicious and I took it as a learning experience. He really made me think and I have never been the same. Not that its the same as your situation, you just reminded me of it.
bahahaha what made you think of this? I still hate the Honors English teacher, she was a wretch!
Mr Pine was a jerk. I have a confession. I may have contributed to his hating of students a few years before you had his class.
One day before he came strolling into class I placed a wrapped present on his huge desk/counter up front.
He came into the room, saw the gift and actually seemed genuinely touched that someone had given him something. He asked the class who it was from. Either no one had seen me do it or those who had chose to stay quiet.
Well, he decided to open it up right there in front of the class. He broke threw the wrapping and was soon left holding a brand new stick of antiperspirant. (Remember he always had sweaty armpits?)
Okay, I liked TJ Selby's experience. No wonder he was so bitter. One of his students actually gave him a bar of deodorant. Sometimes there is no nice way to tell someone they smell really really bad. Nice!
Post a Comment