Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: Picture Calendar


I am not a very good gift giver. I usually end up giving gift cards because I can't think of anything good enough and I'm not crafty enough to make something on my own.

Enter: the picture calendar.

I use Shutterfly to create a calendar with lots of pictures of my daughter from that year and give it to family I know would appreciate it (relatives living far away and who don't get to see my daughter very often). You could use any kinds of pictures though: scenery, family photos, pet photos, etc. It's all up to you!

You can put captions also, or leave it blank. What I did was looked up quotes and used one about love in February (Valentine's Day), mom's in May (Mother's Day), dad's in June (Father's Day), grandparents in September (Grandparent's Day), etc.

Here are some examples from the calendar I made last year:

The caption says, "So many faces, so little time."

Mother's Day falls in May, so I went with some mom and daughter photos

Same for Father's Day
The caption says, "Sugar and spice and everything nice...most of the time."
It is so easy and so fun to make! And they are not expensive at all. Right now, the price is $19.99 for one and $13.99 for each additional calendar. Not too shabby!

For more tips, check out We Are THAT Family!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mollie said...

That is a great idea!

Kerr Family said...

That is a really good idea. Too bad my MIL gives out calendars to everyone...they aren't nearly as cute but she does take a lot of time to put them together. I can make one for me though :) Thanks for the pictures. I wasn't sure what to expect.