Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Works-for-me-Wednesday: Canned Fruit

I love fruit. I have been doing my best to try to eat healthier, but sometimes it's hard. I also only try to go to the grocery store once a week so that way I don't end up with a whole lot of junk in my cart. The problem with going once a week is that I usually run out of fresh fruit before my next shopping trip.

Problem solved: enter, canned fruit! Canned fruit is just as healthy as fresh fruit (as long as you're careful and don't buy the fruit swimming in sugar, although I drain mine anyways). I pop open a can of fruit and eat it with my breakfast or lunch and I'm good to go! It's also cheaper than fresh fruit. I'm not picky and will buy the store brand. Another plus is that it has a long shelf life, so stock up!!

Maybe you already buy canned fruit, or maybe it's just something you never thought about. Either way, it works for me!

For more tips, check out We Are THAT Family!




Photobucket

6 comments:

Sandra said...

My kids loved canned fruit, too. Mainly peaches.

Tracey said...

Similar to canned fruit, my girls love the Dole or Delmonte plastic fruit cups. They will often choose those for a snack over other foods - IF I can keep them in the pantry!

Have a great day!

Kristen said...

I'm a canned fruit snob. It just kind of freaks me out that it's in a can and I think it changes the flavor for a lot of the fruit. I really will only eat pears and pineapple from the can. What's your favorite?

Kerr Family said...

We love canned fruit too. My kids LOVE the mandarin slices. Sometimes I'll open a can and it will be a side dish with dinner. Very yummy, and very cheap!

ohAmanda said...

I just bought some canned pineapple and my 16mo could have eaten the WHOLE thing!

Nice to meet another Amanda! :)

Hannah said...

We pretty much only buy canned pineapple, but we love frozen fruit! We throw it in oatmeal or smoothies.