Thursday, January 14, 2010

Recipe Thursday: Shell Surprise

Shell Surprise (courtesy of Parents.com)

16 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
2 cups broccoli florets
15 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. shredded mozzarella cheese
2/3 cup pasta sauce

Heat the oven to 350*. Cook jumbo pasta shells according to package directions; drain and rinse them with cold water. Meanwhile, microwave broccoli florets and 1 tbsp. water on High for 2 minutes; drain. Stir in ricotta and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Spoon mixture into shells. Move shells to a large baking dish; top with pasta sauce and 2 tbsp. mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered for about 15 minutes or until heated through.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Kristen said...

mmmmmmm those look delicious!

Jill Duncan said...

Those look good, and seem really easy to make. I'm gonna have to try these out- thanks!

Kerr Family said...

You tend to have a lot of pasta and brocolli dishes. I read these and really wished I lived with you to have your wonderfull dinners.

Angela said...

hmmm this looks amazing. I am going to print this and add to next week's menu! YUM!