Monday, January 4, 2010

Book Review Monday - Week 46 and 47

Run For Your Life by James Patterson & Michael Ledwidge




My rating: 5 stars

Summary: If Emily Post were a crazy killer she might call herself The Teacher. In James Patterson's Detective Bennett thriller, a man has taken it upon himself to corporally punish New York's upper crust for their bad behavior. Can Mike Bennett stop this dangerous etiquette instructor before more lives are destroyed?

My review: My very first James Patterson book, and I was very pleased. Love the suspense type books, such as Mary Higgins Clark. Very good book. Pretty brutal murders that happen, but a very good ending and story. Kept me interested and wondering what would happen next!


Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark
My rating: 5 stars

Summary: Traumatized by the kidnappings of her twin three-year-old girls, only one of whom was recovered, a mother begins a desperate search when her returned daughter claims that the other twin, believed dead, is still alive and in mortal danger.

A kidnapper snatches Kathy and Kelly Frawley on the evening of their third birthday, leaving behind an unconscious babysitter and a ransom demand of eight million dollars. Sadly, when the girls' parents pay up, they find Kelly alone in a car with an adult's dead body and a note claiming the kidnapper committed suicide in remorse for accidentally killing Kathy. However, little Kelly insists that Kathy is still alive, is talking to her, and is in terrible danger....
My review: Love this book! I found the twin connection aspect very fascinating, and wonder how true it really is.


Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Those book sound great! I've been wanting to read a thriller and I think I'm gonna check those out!

Kerr Family said...

I have been in serious need of a new author. I have been reading Iris Johansen novels...which I really like. I read one James Patterson book that was really good but that Mary Higgins Clark book looks really good. I'll have to give that book a try. You are almost done....52 books. Woo Hoo. I have had fun doing it. Thanks for doing it with me :)

Kristen said...

So I started reading the Mary Higgins Clark book yesterday, and I love it so far! I like that it has a quick pace and you see it from different points of view. Thanks for the suggestion!