Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Works-for-me-Wednesday: Backwards Edition


Time for a backwards edition of WFMW: where instead of posting advice, you ask for it!

I'm pretty sure I've asked this one before, but I'm going to do it again. What are some good meal ideas for toddlers? I need mostly breakfast and lunch ideas (and even snack ones please!) since my daughter eats what we eat for dinner, I've got that covered. I just want to get out of the mac and cheese, peanut butter and jelly or hot dog thing.

So any websites, recipes, or just your ideas would be MUCH appreciated!!
(My daughter has no known allergies and isn't too picky).

Do you have a questions you want an answer to? Link up to this Backward Edition of WFMW at We Are THAT Family!



Photobucket

8 comments:

Kirsten said...

Hi, Amanda!

The Family Fun cookbook series has some great ideas for kid-friendly and fun meals and snacks. And my kids like anything wrapped in a tortilla--lunch meat, burritos, peanut butter and banana wraps--we cut them into spirals, which makes it a little more interesting. Can't wait to see some other ideas!

Kirsten

JennyMac said...

Hi. Our son is doing grilled chicken, special K bars, mandarin oranges, and cheerios by the truckload right now. I also do lot of fresh fruit smoothies for him. (he is almost 3 and loves helping me make them.) We also do pancakes which you can add fresh fruit and cream cheese (plain or flavored) in between too.

megret7 said...

I posted this same question a while back -- got a lot of great ideas in my comments. Feel free to browse!
http://www.musesofmegret.com/2007/11/07/wfmw-stuck-in-a-lunch-rut/

Anonymous said...

That's a hard one, so I'm excited to see what people say. Chandler loves to dip things. It's a little messy but sometimes I put him in his chair with something he can dip - celery and peanut butter, cherry tomatoes and ranch, cucumber slices and ranch, crackers and cottage cheese. (Cottage cheese is high in protien, which is a plus.) He also loves noodles so sometimes I make him spaghetti or top ramen (and drain the water). Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

Oh ya, and smoothies all the way for breakfast! He loves them, and its the only way I can get him to eat spinach! I usually use ice, frozen berries, a banana, protein powder (for me), spinach, and either some canned pineapple or an orange. Sometimes a little Greek yogurt.

Annikke said...

For breakfast my kids like "breakfast tacos" similar to a breakfast burrito only use the small fajita size tortilla(made with anything you want to put inside - potatoes, bacon or sausage, eggs...)

My son has recently decided "meat rolls ups" are the best for lunch. I take deli meats and cheese and roll them up. Serve with crackers if you want, although my son will eat the roll ups by themselves with some fruit.

Kristi said...

Hailey LOVES yogurt, she would eat that all day. She also likes anything with cheese: cheese and crackers, quesadillas, grilled cheese. Cottage cheese with yogurt is another favorite. Anything made with tortillas, chips, fruit, veggies, plain noodles, cereal, and pizza. (like english muffin pizzas or on a tortilla) Also, she'll eat nearly anything if I put salsa on it.

I love to cook, so I read a lot of cooking blogs. Other than the ones you read, here are some of the more family kid one's I read:
http://picky-palate.com/
http://www.ourbestbites.com/
http://www.gourmetmomonthego.com/

Anonymous said...

My toddler enjoys quesadillas and burritos for lunch. Both are quick to make and he can eat them without any help from me. :-)

~ Carrie ~