While we were in Utah, we took the Frontrunner (train) down to Salt Lake City to do a little shopping. It was Peyton's first train ride!
The day before we were to board the ship was filled with airplanes and airports. We left Salt Lake and had a 2 1/2 hour flight to Dallas/Fort Worth, where we then had a 5 1/2 hour layover! The first time I had been to Texas and all I saw was the airport! We met up with Chris and Loma there and headed out to Puerto Rico!
Waiting, waiting, waiting at the airport
On the long plane ride to Puerto Rico!
We arrived in Puerto Rico around midnight and headed to our hotel. Stepping outside was like stepping into a sauna! It sure was hot and humid (and that was in the middle of the night!)

The next morning we were able to sleep in and then board the ship! We met up with Jeff and Jennifer and our group was all together at last!

The Royal Promenade on the ship (kind of like a mall)

What our room looked like

Because we booked with Costco, we were greeted with a complimentary wine and cheese tray (we traded in the wine for a non-alcoholic version of chardonnay: let's just say, I am not a fan).
Eating at the Windjammer Cafe
Night shot while we were leaving Puerto Rico! Quite windy!

The next day was a Day at Sea meaning we could just hang out and relax all day! Here is Chris and Chris swimming in the Solarium...
...meanwhile Loma and I were soaking up the sun!
The family pool.
Our "friend" we nicknamed Vladimir....we kept spotting him because he wore those shorts ALL WEEK!

Inside, they had an area where you could pay to get professional pictures taken. No one was using it so we took the privilege...
The lone chair sitting there reminded me of Flashdance
After our first day at sea, it was formal night on the ship! It's so much fun to dress up and take pictures. Chris and I never went to prom together, so this more than made up for it!




On the elevator... I think my eyes say it all
In the dining room with the gorgeous chandelier
Our table
Jennifer and Jeff
Loma and Chris
Our head waiter, Donald from Jamaica!
Desmond, our waiter from India!
Tracey, our assistant waiter from South Africa!
Posing in the casino

After dinner, we danced the night away at Jester's Nightclub! So fun!


Tomorrow: Our day in Barbados!
4 comments:
Fun Fun!!
And those shorts that the man had on??
ROCKIN'
You should have asked him where he purchased them.
Oh how fun!! And look at how hot you are! I can't wait to see more!
Fun, Fun, Fun! Looks like a blast. We only went on one cruise and I remember we didn't really feel like we were officially on vacation until we got on the ship. All the plane rides, hotel stops, taxi rides were draining. But I would do it all over again to go on a cruise again. Can't wait to see the rest of your pics.
ooh la la! Fun pictures... looks like a wonderful "prom" makeup and good thing you two are married! :)
Post a Comment