Friday, November 6, 2009

Day 5 & 6: St. Maarten and St. Croix

Ok, so I am really horrible. On St. Maarten, our group was split up doing different things. Chris and I decided to rent an ATV and go around the whole island (it's pretty small) and just visit a couple beaches and see the sites. Well guess who forgot the camera? Yep, I did. So the only pictures I have of St. Maarten were the ones Loma took. Sad day.

But overall, it was a good day. We had a little problem when our ATV wouldn't start after out first stop, but we got it resolved, thank goodness. We rode by a beach that is so close to the airport that you can almost touch the airplanes as they go over your head to land. Crazy! I got the weirdest sunburn on the outside of my legs because the insides were protected by the ATV.

After we met back up again on the ship, we took some pictures at sunset.

It was kind of cloudy and hard to get the camera to adjust... so I got a little restless

Loma and I sipping our non-alcoholic specialty drinks, yum!
PosersIt was 80's night in the Imperial Lounge and we decided to go. I got pulled out of the crowd by one of the cruise workers who remembered me from helping her out at the midnight buffet and she asked me to be Madonna. Basically they threw some clothes on me and played a Madonna song (one I didn't even know) and I just had to lip sync and do the electric slide with them. Easy enough, right?
Billy Idol on the left and Prince on the right (other victims like me who got picked out of the crowd)
Youtube muted the audio on this video because the song is copyrighted. It's long, but you get the idea of what I was forced to do.




The next day was St. Croix. Apparently there isn't much to do on the island and we were all dying for a lazy day where we could just hang out and relax. So we got off the ship to take some pictures so we could say we had been there and then headed back to the ship to lounge by the pool.

The men

The women
Reading for my weekly book reviews!

We also decided to eat at Johnny Rocket's for lunch. It's a cover charge of $4.99 for all the french fries, onion rings, hamburgers, etc. you could eat!!

Here is Chris dancing with the crew to Stayin' Alive
Mmm...milkshakes
That's one big burger!

The guys dancing at Johnny Rockets!


This was the farewell show. So sad because it means the trip is over!


With as much fun as we had, it was actually nice to come back home to our little girl who seemed to grow a TON in the week that we had been gone. But we already know she had a good time at grandma's house.

If any of you are considering a cruise, don't wait another second: book it! Cruises are amazing. Everything is taken care of (except any excursions you might want to do on the ports of call): food, sleeping arrangements, entertainment, and you don't even have to clean up after yourself! You are waited on hand and foot and I have no complaints about either of the cruises I have been on.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kerr Family said...

Looks like an amazing trip. Love the guys dancing. So much fun. I want to go on a cruise. Doesn't look like it's anywhere in my near future though. I'll have to live vicariously through you, ha ha ha. Thanks for showing your trip. Looks beautiful!

Kristen said...

What an amazing trip! All of your pics are so cute!