2/3 c. evaporated milk, divided
14 oz. pkg. caramels
3/4 c. butter, melted
1 pkg. German Chocolate cake mix
1 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped pecans Preheat oven to 350. Melt caramels with 1/3 c. evaporated milk over low heat. Combine the melted butter, remaining 1/3 c. evaporated milk and cake mix. Spread 1/2 the batter into an ungreased 13 X 9" pan. It will be a thin layer. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Sprinkle the top with the chocolate chips and pecans. Spread melted caramels over the chips and nuts. Drop remaining cake batter on top. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes.
Bridget's tip: Don't overbake them. Better to underbake in my opinion. Gooey is good here. To see her step by step instructions, with beautiful pictures, visit her here.
3 comments:
ooohhhh, melted caramels...can't beat that...and yes, better to underbake. I love ooey gooey brownies!
My room mate and I used to make this all the time, only we called it German Chocolate cake and I don't think our recipe had butter. It was SO good though. Which is exactly why I gained like 10 pounds when I lived in Utah.
I mean we called it turtle cake.
Post a Comment