
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Summary: An acclaimed journalist shares the gripping story of her rape when she was a college freshman, achieving justice in the courtroom, and triumphing in the face of violence.
Review: I can't give this 5 stars because it is such a sad story, but I loved that the author decided to tell her story and get it out there. She was very brave to write about such a personal and horrible thing that happened to her, and the ways that it changed her. Very interesting read, but not for the faint of heart.
3 comments:
You are so funny. I think most of the books you read are sad. I guess we all know what we like, right? I can't believe we are on week 38 already...crazy. You have done great. I kinda lost track but I know I'm way ahead of schedule. I love that you do these book reviews because you can look back and actually have a record of what you read and a little summary so you don't forget. You're so smart! Wish I did it.
This is on my list too! Since it's sad, maybe I'll just read the Wikipedia version. I need a feel good book not one that will make me cry. I started reading Julie & Julia, but it's boring, I'm struggling just to read it and I'm not even half way!
I made the mistake of reading the first couple of chapters over dinner which wasn't smart. Very detailed but very inspiring and a great book.
Post a Comment