Friday, November 28, 2008

Twilight the Movie

My review: 5 out of 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, etc.

Let me start of by saying that to those of you who watched the movie expecting it to be as good as the book, no wonder you were disappointed. Books are always much better than the movies, that's just a given. Especially this book. There is no way that the script writer could correctly show the complicated relationship between Edward and Bella in 2 short hours. Simply impossible. They could have made a 5 hour movie of it, but then no one would want to watch it (well, except for me).

The movie was good as a movie, not good as a movie made from a book. I went with only the expectation that it would be a great movie, not a great movie of the book and I was not disappointed. The comic relief was great, and I think the casting of the characters was phenomenal. It was so great, that all the characters were almost exactly how I had pictured them to be in my head.

With that said, there was also very cheesy/bad acting and the accuracy from the book was really lost on someone like me who is a HUGE fan of the book.

There was comedy, romance and action, as well as some gorgeous actors and actresses. I even loved the soundtrack! A little bit of something for everyone!

3 comments:

Scott H. said...

"Gorgeous actors and actresses?" she's not that pretty and I don't get the appeal of Edward, as a character or as an actor. Some pale skinned gangly fellow who is hundreds of years old but has such teenage romance? I get the idea of it, but not the appeal of either of these characters. I don't think the actor who plays Edward is ever going to be any great amazing actor like there are out there, nor do I think him to be gorgeous. Nor Bella.

As for your review of a movie never being as good as a movie, almost always true (though Lord of the Rings came close). And you're right, this should be no exception, so why expect it so? Good, honest review (though I'm not seeing the movie), and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Amanda said...

You say potato, I say potato. In my opinion, they are gorgeous. It's totally fine for you not to think so. Just like I think your reasons for not reading the books or seeing the movie silly, but that's just my opinion.

Devin & Lindsay said...

I LOVED IT!!! I've seen it 4 times already!! And I agree with you on the 5 hours... when it ended after only 2 I was disappointed it didn't go on longer!! Yeah I went in with no expectations and it was honestly the best thing I've seen!! SOOOO GOOD!! :) And honestly could Edward have been any hotter? OH MAN!! lol