Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: Softer Hair


This is a trick I actually found on the back of a shampoo bottle. Here are the 6 steps to softer hair:

1. Brush your hair and get all the tangles out before getting in the shower

2. Shampoo with your fingertips, and shampoo only from your crown to your neck. Shampooing the ends will dry them out. They naturally get clean when you are rinsing the shampoo from your hair.

3. Apply conditioner. Take your hair and grab it as if you were going to put it in a ponytail. Only apply conditioner from there down, not on the roots.

4. Leave conditioner in while you shave, wash body/face, etc.

5. Comb through your hair with a wide tooth comb.

6. Rinse and feel the smoothness

This works so well for me, that I have hardly any tangles to brush out once I get out of the shower. Another little tip is not not wrap your hair up in a towl because that causes breakage and more tangles. And don't shampoo everyday because it dries your hair out. Every other day (unless you have issues with a super oily scalp) is enough.

Soft and smooth hair works for me! For more tips, check out Rocks in my Dryer!

2 comments:

Kerr Family said...

Interesting. I'll have to try this.

Heather said...

I really wish I had read this before I washed my hair this morning! I'll have to wait a few days and give it a go.