Yes, my cute little boy is 9 months old already! I can't believe how fast it has gone. He is definitely more difficult than Miss P was, but he makes me so happy and I just love him to pieces. At his 9-month check-up, he weighed in at 20 lbs. 8 oz (50th percentile) and is 30" tall (90th) percentile. He is bigger than Peyton was at his age by only 4 lbs. and 3 inches! Which is so funny to me because people always tell me that he "is soooo big." He's not, people, so get over it.
He eats mostly table food and has completely weaned himself off of nursing! I did not do this by choice, but he one day literally just wouldn't nurse. I tried like 20 times throughout the day to nurse him and no dice. SO now he is a sippy cup champ! Miss P did the same thing, but not until 11 months. But kids will be kids and there's not much I could have done about it!
He's not crawling yet, but he is definitely mobile. He rolls around like crazy and scoots backwards a bit, just no forward momentum (but I'm thinking it will be soon).
He has one little bottom tooth poking through, but that's it for now. He loves to clap and make "kissing" noises with his mouth when you do it to him. We are working on sign language, but he doesn't do it back yet, although I think he's starting to understand what things mean. He finds his own way to tell me what he wants. He loves juice and milk and food in general. He is an excellent sleeper. About 11 hours overnight and then 2 naps around 2 hours each during the day. He loves bath time. No matter what mood he is in, if I put him in the bath, he'll get happy. He does have a bit of a temper and will throw things if it's not what he wants or if he's mad.
1 comment:
Such a big guy! He can be in a front facing car seat as soon as he turns 1...sweet! You are so fortunate that he sleeps so long. Must be great. I don't think my kids started replying back in sign language until about 10-11 months. My nephew has barely started doing it but I think that's because I do it and his parents don't. I wonder how long it would have taken had they did do it. Life really is so much easier when your baby can communicate their wants to you. So, are you sad about not nursing? I always tried to go 12 months but I don't think I would have been too upset if mine was done sooner. :)
Post a Comment