Thursday, March 24, 2011

Weekend

Sometimes I think the recovery from a vacation, takes longer than the vacation itself.

If you remember, my kids were sick this last week. On Friday, I finally decided I needed to take Miss P to the doctor's. I almost always regret it because they usually just tell me that she has a cold and there isn't anything to do but let it run it's course. Well I am so grateful I took her this time. Turned out she had strep throat!! She only barely started acting like herself again on Monday. Baby D still has a bit of a runny nose, but he's been acting fine so it's either teething or a mild cold.

We got back on Monday from a weekend in St. George with my family. We had wanted to do something to celebrate my dad's 50th birthday, but he is not the party type, so instead we met halfway between in St. George to just hang out and have fun together.


I, once again, took no pictures, but thank goodness my sister is much better about that than I am! (Thanks, sis!) On Saturday, we went to Jumpin' Jacks. It was basically a giant room with a bunch of different blow-up slides and obstacle courses. Lots of fun! Miss P still wasn't feeling so great, so she didn't go on a whole lot, but played with Baby D and Grandma instead.

After that we did a little shopping and then went to Brick Oven Pizza to have my dad's birthday dinner. The pizza was sooo very good. At dinner, I gave my dad a book of over 50 messages I had collected and put together that were from friends and family wishing him a happy 50th or talking about a memory they have of him. I think he enjoyed it a lot!

On Sunday, we went to the St. George temple, visited Brigham Young’s winter home and then played for a bit at a little family fun center.

Overall, it was a good weekend. Definitely nice to get away and see family.

Baby D with Auntie Lindsey My sick girl! Sisters... My wonderful hubby. He said he kept getting "stuck". Suuuure. Shh don't tell! They said feet first only. Miss P played a little... Crash landing Baby D hung out with Grandma They played the YMCA, what else could we do? She actually let me take her on a slide! Daddy is loving having a little boy to even the odds in the house Birthday boy and his daughters Need some hair gel, dad? SO big! Good job, Grandpa! Hope you don't get sick, Auntie Lindsey! The trunk is the best place to change a diaper! St. George temple Just hanging out Family picture. Had to take another since Baby D kept trying to say SO BIG. See? Holding the hands down.

There are still more pictures to come... sorry!



Photobucket

3 comments:

Monica said...

Ok ok, so where's grandma in all these pics??? j/k love ya!

Kerr Family said...

Looks like a great vacation. Maybe you should bring your sister everywhere so she can always take pictures. I think I need her to walk around my life awhile so I can have awesome pictures too, lol. I totally agree with you about doctor visits...although, there is always that one doctor visit that you are totally thankful you took them to the doctor because the problem wouldn't have gotten better without a doctors trips. Good thing for those visits otherwise I would never take my kids thinking the cold just needed to run it's course.

Laurel said...

Natalie has those same squirrel pants!