Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
PARIS: Alexandrine Paradis lived over two centuries ago. She dreamed of making her mark on the Paris stage, but a fateful encounter with a doomed prince of France cast her in a tragic role she didn’t want—and couldn’t escape.
Two girls, two centuries apart. One never knowing the other. But when Andi finds Alexandrine’s diary, she recognizes something in her words and is moved to the point of obsession. There’s comfort and distraction for Andi in the journal’s antique pages—until, on a midnight journey through the catacombs of Paris, Alexandrine’s words transcend paper and time, and the past becomes suddenly, terrifyingly present.
Jennifer Donnelly, author of the award-winning novel A Northern Light, artfully weaves two girls’ stories into one unforgettable account of life, loss, and enduring love. Revolution spans centuries and vividly depicts the eternal struggles of the human heart.
My review: 5 of 5 stars
I loved this book. Amazing. The characters were such real people and it was so neat to go back in time a bit to the French Revolution. There was a bit of language in it, for those who are sensitive to that, but the story was so intense. Definitely glad I listened to this as an audiobook though, because there are a whole lot of French names and such that I would have had no idea how to pronounce, I'm sure. I highly recommend this to everyone!
1 comment:
Glad you've joined the Audiobook world. That is the only way I get to read and finish books. I almost hate reading because I can't cook and read...or craft and read at the same time. Love Audiobooks. Too bad not all the books I am interested in and want to read are on Audio...and if they are the library doesn't have them. So, sometimes I am forced to read....sucks! Lol.
Post a Comment