Thursday, February 18, 2010

Recipe Thursday: Golden Lemon Bread

Golden Lemon Bread

½ cup shortening

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 ½ cups all-purpose flour

1 tsp. baking powder

½ tsp. salt

¾ cup milk

Glaze:

½ cup confectioners’ sugar

2 tsp. grated lemon peel

2-3 tbsp. lemon juice

In large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into greased 8x4x2-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350◦ for 55-60 minutes. Place pan on wire rack. Combine the glaze ingredients; immediately pour over warm bread. Cool completely before removing from pan.



**If you notice, the bread in my picture doesn't have a bottom. That was my fault. I tried to take it out of the pan while it was still warm and I lost the bottom to my bread. Still tasted fantastic though!**








Photobucket

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Lemon bread is the best!

Kurt+Amy said...

MMMM sounds so delicious!

Kerr Family said...

Love the lemon recipes!

Kurt+Amy said...

I left you a little something over at my blog. :)