Friday, February 26, 2010

Bonus Recipe: Banana Cake

After all those entree's this week, you didn't think I'd leave you without a dessert did you?? Sorry there is not a picture of this one...yeah it was gone that fast! Think of it as a more moist, and sweeter banana bread.

Banana Cake (recipe sent to me by my sister)

2 cups flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter milk (if no butter milk than 1/2 cup milk with 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice)
1 cup mashed bananas
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Stir dry ingredients together. mix shortening , milk and bananas with dry ingredients. Stir for 2 mins. Add remaining ingredients, beat for 2 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees until done or about 30 minutes.
FROSTING
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
Melt butter and add brown sugar cook over low heat for 1 minute stir constantly. Add milk and stir til it boils. Remove from heat and pour over cake. **This frosting is super duper thin when you pour it over the cake, almost as thin as water, but I promise it will set!**




Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristen said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE this sounds sooooo good! I love ANYTHING with banana! I'm DEFINITELY going to try this one! Thanks!