Monday, February 22, 2010

Recipe Monday: BBQ Chicken Nachos

I have tried a TON of new recipes lately, so I decided to make this recipe week and I'll be sharing 4 yummy recipes with you instead of one! Enjoy!

Technically, these were for a Superbowl snack, but I made them and thought they were good enough to make for lunch/dinner/anytime!


Bowl Game BBQ Nachos (Courtesy of Goodies by Kate)
  1. 6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  2. 1 (12 oz ) bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce. We prefer Sweet Baby Rays
  3. 1/2 cup Italian dressing
  4. 1/4 cup brown sugar
  5. 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  6. 1 bag Tostitos Blue Corn Tortilla Chips
  7. 1 jar Tostitos Monterray Jack Queso Cheese Dip
  8. 2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese

DIRECTIONS
  1. Place the frozen chicken in the crock pot.
  2. In a different bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
  3. Pour over the chicken and cover. Cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
  4. With about 1 hour left, pull each breast out, shred it with a fork, and put it back in the crock pot.
  5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  6. Lay the blue corn chips in a single layer on a cookie sheet
  7. Lightly cover the chips with the shredded chicken barbecue
  8. Drizzle the queso dip evenly over the chips. I didn't use the whole jar, but use as much as you like to achieve your desired cheesiness!
  9. Sprinkle with 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  10. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.

*Image also by Goodies by Kate



Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I can't wait to try this one! It looks and sounds delicious!