Monday, February 8, 2010

Oopsy!!

Sorry for my lack of a book review today....or any post at all for that matter. I had a crazy/busy/fun weekend and completely neglected my reading and blog duties.

So next Monday I will have a book review for you (my last one for my
52 books in 52 weeks challenge, wahoo!!) After that, I will only have book reviews when I finish a book (which will not be every week, because let me tell you, that was hard!!) There are some books I read that I want to re-read (yes, I'm one of those people).

For those of you avid readers out there who do not like to spend a lot of money on books, I would suggest
paperbackswap.com You sign up and create an account, and then you "swap" books by posting books you would be willing to get rid of. Then when someone requests one of your posted books, you mail it to them (at your expense, which I have found is around $2.38 per book via Media Mail) and then you get a credit on your account once that member receives your book. That credit can be used to "purchase" any book on the site, paperback or hardcover from any member! Once you request a book, that member then pays to have it mailed to you. I have loved it so far and haven't had any issues mailing or receiving my books.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Kurt+Amy said...

That site sounds cool I'll have to check it out! Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

You did it! I am seriously impressed that you managed to read a book a week for a whole year! I could never do it!