Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: Saving Space

I hate things that take up a lot of space. Especially unnecessary things. Like DVD's. Did you ever notice how big the cases are for such a small DVD? Annoying. Doubly annoying was the fact that I could never keep mine nice and organized because a certain small person thought these cases were fun to play with. Well not anymore. I went and bought a giant CD case and threw out all of the DVD cases. I mean, think about it, do you really need the case? I found that I didn't. So I went from this:
To this:

Ahhh much better. I also used it to hold the Wii games I have. I simply put Wii games in the back and DVD's in the front.
For more tips, check out We Are THAT Family!





Photobucket

10 comments:

Rays-R-Us said...

Love it!!! Thanks for the great idea :)

Katie @ Favorites and Things said...

Great Job, my little girl LOVES playing with the DVDs too. I should do that same thing. I love your blog, it is so cute! I'll be coming back again!

Abounding Love said...

I did this too about a year ago! I have not regretted it once! :o) I packed all my DVD cases up in a box and put them in the attic. My husband wouldn't let me get rid of the cases. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Becky said...

I love your idea too. We don't have a lot of DVD's, but we've done that with the cds. Unfortunately all the cases are still on an out-of-the-way bookshelf. I guess we have a problem with getting rid of stuff! (But I'm working on it.)

Liz Mays said...

I wish I could do this too but I couldn't remember what the movies were about by title alone!

Sharon said...

We have one of those too and it's AMAZING how much they hold!! And way easier to sift thru to get to the right movie for that day!! Thanks for visiting my blog!!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

We did this with our DVDs, as well as all of our games (Wii and Playstation). It has been wonderful! This is so much better! (Now, if I could just make myself part with our video tapes, it would be even better.)

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea! I have a big space in my entertainment center that I'd really rather put blankets in. Maybe that's the solution...

terryaretta said...

Great idea, we do that for our video games. BUT keep the cases! When youre done with the disc, put it back in its case and take to a video game store that buys used games! There are also places that buy used DVDs. We like Gamestop and Buybacks. They'll pay more if you have the case. They also sell used games and DVDs. We never buy new anymore. If you take it home and it doesnt work, theyll exchange it for the first few days. Works for me!

Kerr Family said...

This is a great idea....I like the boxes though. I can't tell you how less cluttered my house would look though if I did this. You are so smart!