I have a big stack of books that I have yet to read, most of them I have gotten from Paperback Swap (which I talk about here). So I just thought I would give you a list of my to-read's, and as I read them I will post a review to let you know if (in my opinion) it is worth the read!
1. Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult
2. Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult
3. The Green Mile by Stephen King
4. Misery by Stephen King
5. The Quickie by James Patterson
6. You've Been Warned by James Patterson
7. The Husband by Dean Koontz
8. The Giver by Lois Lowry
9. The Cay by Theodore Taylor
10. To Kill a Mockingbord by Harper Lee
11. The Accidental Mother by Rowan Coleman
12. Size 12 is Not Fat by Meg Cabot
13. Size 14 is Not Fat Either by Meg Cabot
14. A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton
15. A Thin Dark Line by Tami Hoag
16. Daddy's Girl by Lisa Scottoline
17. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
18. The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks
19. True Believer by Nicholas Sparks
20. The Shack by William P. Young
21. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
22. Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
23. Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
24. The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold
25. Bitten by Robert Smith
26. Dreamhunter by Elizabeth Knox
27. Dreamquake by Elizabeth Knox
28. The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
29. As Always, Dave by Jack Weyland
30. The White Darkness by Geraldine McCaughrean
That is only a list of books that I OWN and have not read, not just all the ones I would LIKE to read. I've told myself I need to read all these before buying any new books....but I have a feeling that won't happen.
What are the books on your to-read list? Or are there some you would recommend I add to mine?
7 comments:
I love your new header. I have started re-reading books assigned to me in high school or college that I didn't read or skimmed through. I just finished Ender's Game and started The Giver today.
I posted my list here: http://adayinthelifeofang.blogspot.com/2010/01/i-have-confession-to-make.html
You will both love The Giver (easy read) and To Kill and Mockingbird. Don't know if you've read it yet, but the Hunger Games series is great... oh and Harry Potter. But, I think your style of book and mine are very different. I just started the Chronicles of Narnia... re-read the first 2 and am going to finish the series finally.
I love your new header! So cute! Great picks for books, i'm hoping to read more this year than last and I look forward to reading your reviews!
You inspire me!! I love to read too, but can't quite find the time. I love to kill a mockingbird and dear john was exceptional!! Haven't seen the movie but pretty sure it won't live up to the book. I'll have to check out some of the books you've read, I'm pretty sure we have the same taste in books. :) The book I want to read next is: The Blind Side by Michael Lewis. I want to read it before I see the movie.
i love the Giver! I read that in 7th grade, and it is still a favorite. I need to be more like you and read more. I have not read a real book since College, when I was 'forced' to read. Any suggestions on easy reads for one that is just getting back into reading? I think I should re-read the classics that I read in high school, and never paid attention to because it was an assignment. hymm....
To Kill a Mocking Bird is my favorite book! I have a big list like this too, but since Matthew got here, I'm pretty sure my reading time for the next few months will be WAY less. A recently read the Percy Jackson books, I'd recommend those, they're quick, easy, and fun.
Dreamquake and Dreamhunter were interesting. Can't remember if there is supposed to be a third book or just the 2. Different type of books....but good. Wasn't too impressed by the Husband by Dean Koontz....If you are interested in a Dean Koontz book try Watchers or Lightening...or Cold Fire. Those are my 3 favorites. He used to be my favorite author. I haven't really cared for his newer books. You'll have to let me know how you like a few of those books on your list.
Post a Comment