Monday, March 29, 2010

Honest Scrap Award


I received a new award from Amy over at Handprints of the Heart! I just love getting awards for my blog! The Honest Scrap award comes with a caveat or two.

First, you have to tell your readers ten things about you they may not know, but that are true.

Second, you have to tag 10 people with the award.

Third, let all the people you've given the award to know that they've gotten it (comment on their blogs or something). And finally, make sure you link back to the person who awarded you.


Ten true things you may not know:

1. I am a "fraidy-cat." I'm afraid to try new things because I'm afraid I'll mess up or won't be good at it or look stupid. The only new thing I'm not afraid to try are recipes, but even then, when my hubby doesn't like it, I get sad.

2. I was never a sports girl growing up. I always was in either cheer leading, dance or gymnastics, but never any sports. Hence, my hand-eye coordination pretty much sucks.

3. I am addicted to magazines. I have more subscriptions then I can even name off of the top of my head (I know there are more than 7 that I subscribe to though). But I spend less on subscriptions than I would on buying the issues off the newsstands, so that's my excuse.

4. I hate pictures of myself. I can take 50 pictures, and if I'm lucky, I'll like 1 or 2 of them of myself. I don't think I am very photogenic and it's starting to show in my lack of picture taking now.

5. I HEART Target! I could spend hours and hours and millions of dollars there, seriously.

6. I like it super dark when I sleep, and I like the fan on (even in the winter!)

7. I have told a few people this, but I am afraid of having a baby boy because I feel like I won't know how to raise one since I am not one! I know it sounds silly, but I can't help it. It's just an irrational fear I have!

8. I go through these cycles where I will be totally addicted to a certain food and I will inhale it for awhile, and then I'll get sick of it and won't eat it for a long time. (No it's not a pregnancy thing, it's a ME thing!) For example: lemon cookies, lean cuisines, asparagus, Little Debbie snack cakes and green beans. (Yes, I do realize it's mostly junk).

9. I would much rather bake than cook, even though I usually will only have one piece of whatever it is I bake, and then I'm done and I'll usually give it away.

10. If I didn't need to drink water to survive, I probably wouldn't. I have to force myself to drink water all day long (especially while I'm pregnant). I would drink soda, juice, or milk anytime, but water is just not appealing to me!

Time to pass this award on...and the Honest Scrap Award goes to:

1. Kristen of Love, Lipstick and Pearls
2. Adri of Mama Mia
3. Crystal of Wanna Be Balanced Mom
4. Sarah Markley
5. The Earl Family
6. Katie of Truth: Whole and Nothing But


I know I'm supposed to have 10 people, but if you want this award and you want to participate and I didn't tag you, then just do it!!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Kristen said...

THanks for the award! I loved your fun facts! I can totally relate to them too! Like I'm scared of having a boy as well, bc what am I supposed to do? I don't know anything about boy stuff lol. I also go on crazy binges too where I'll eat something almost everyday and then stop and go onto the next thing, and I hate drinking water too. Everyone thinks I'm so weird about that, I'm glad I'm not the only one. XOXO

Kerr Family said...

Wow, I didn't know some of those things about you. What a fun award. Thanks for not picking me though...I really should be unpacking right now but I have a few Avon things...and ummmmm checking blogs to do...okay, FB too, lol. Hoping to get back into the blogging world again. I miss it! Love the facts!!! Fan in Winter? Is it because you like to be really cold and cuddle in your warm blankets? I know, I'm strange but if the weather is too cold and I have a fan on me I get sick. I always get sick 2 times a year...the end of summer and the fan is on me and it's too cold....and the beginning of summer when Kelly first turns the fan on and it's not quite warm enough for a fan. I have already gotten that cold this year, lol. I'm weird, I know. Right there with you about it having to be really dark when I sleep.