Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: Clean As You Go


If you have a kid or kids (or a messy husband) you know what a disaster your house can turn into in a short period of time. It drives me crazy to spend so much time picking up only to see the same things strewn about a short while later. While I can't help most of it, this is a little tip that helps keep me sane: clean as you go. If you are walking anywhere in your house, pick up any mess (or clean any mess) you see along the way. A lot of times I end up making a small pile on the stairs to take with me on my next trip up. It saves me time and energy (and we could all use some more of that!). My trick is just that if I see it, I have to clean it. (But no walking around with your eyes shut, cheaters!)


For more tips, check out We Are THAT Family!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Adri said...

I try to do that to. I just came up with a rule called "5 minutes from clean" which means that I try not to let my kitchen or front rooms get messy enough that I couldn't clean them up in five minutes if someone were to stop by.

Kerr Family said...

I guess I'm a big cheater...ha ha ha. Good tip though...Maybe I should actually try it.

Eliza Welch said...

What great tips!

I really enjoyed looking around your blog and would absolutely love it if you would stop by my new blog!
Eliza's Blog