
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (courtesy of Real Simple magazine)
1 18.5-ounce box yellow cake mix (plus the ingredients called for in the package directions)
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
2 8-ounce bars cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups confectioners' sugar
Heat oven to 350*. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners. Prepare the cake mix as directed but with the following change: Add the pumpkin pie spice and substitute the can of pumpkin puree fir the water called for in the package directions.
Divide the batter among the prepared muffin tins and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 18-22 minutes. Let cool.
Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until creamy. Spread on the cupcakes and decorate as desired. (The recipe's suggestion is to put a candy corn on top, but we don't like candy corn and omitted them.).
Make-ahead tip: The cupcakes can be baked and stored at room temperature, covered, up to 2 days in advance. Frost them up to 12 hours before serving.
2 comments:
I love cream cheese frosting and pumpkin. I'll definitely try these. I have a really good cream cheese frosting recipe.
1 - 8oz package cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 - 16oz box powdered sugar
1TBSP vanilla flavoring
Mix together...really good. I usually just add vanilla flavoring until it's the consistancy I want. Of course butter and cream cheese mix best when they are at room temp. I think the butter adds a nice flavor. Not the healthiest but really yummy. Sadly, I know this recipe by memory because I use it for ALL the cakes I make...and frosted cookies, lol.
Oh, Amanda...YUM!!! I would love one of those right about now!
Post a Comment