Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: Cool Carseat


I love spring and summer. However, one thing I don't love is how hot the car can get in those seasons. It doesn't even have to be hot outside, but if the sun is shining, getting into the car is like getting into a sauna. Only not as moist. Or as relaxing.

Anyways, the other bad thing about a hot car is a hot carseat. I feel so bad trying to put my daughter in a carseat that she keeps telling me is "haw" (also known as hot in English). So I came up with a simple solution. I always keep a blanket in the car, just because you never know when it will come in handy, but I thought of another use for it. Carseat cover! I just use the blanket to cover the carseat while I'm in the store, and when I come back out, the carseat isn't a burning hunk of plastic and metal!

That's what works for me! For more tips, check out We Are THAT Family!

4 comments:

Kerr Family said...

Simple solution...how come I never thought of it? Thanks, I'll start doing it!

Multi-tasking Mommy said...

For real? That works?! Brilliant! I'll have to dry it out...when we get some nice weather that is.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Jenny said...

I also keep a blanket in the car for the same reason. In the dead of Summer, the buckles can get so hot!

Muthering Heights said...

That's a great idea...much cheaper than one of those reflective covers!