Monday, April 20, 2009

Book Review Monday - Week 9

Julie's Wolf Pack by Jean Craighead GeorgeMy rating: 5 stars

Summary: From the author of the Newbery Medal–winning Julie of the Wolves and its sequel, Julie, comes a third exciting adventure about the wolf pack that saved the life of a young girl when she was lost on the tundra. Julie has returned to her family, but her wolf pack has a story all its own. Fearless but inexperienced Kapu is now the new leader of the pack. He must protect his wolves from the threats of famine and disease and, at the same time, defend himself from bitter rivals, both inside and outside the pack, who are waiting for their chance to overthrow him. The strength of Kapu's leadership will determine not just the well-being of the pack but its very survival.

My take: Loved the third book in this series! This time the book was from the wolves perspective, rather than Julie's (although you get to know what's going on with Julie through them). Beautiful storyline and loved the ending. It was definitely just a quick and easy read though, and I think I am done with wolf books for awhile.

1 comment:

Kerr Family said...

There were 3 books to this series? Who knew? Well, you did. Can you believe it has been 9 weeks since we started. I started my "I am a Mother" book. It's really good. It's short....but I needed short. That one will be my 10. Yay...only 42 more to go, lol. Well, my BOM is halfway through too....double yay!