Being a stay-at-home-mom, there are lots and lots of things I can think of to do besides chores. However, one way or another, they all have to get done. I am the type of person who doesn't like to take an entire day and clean. I would rather stretch it out and do just some of it everyday. So I created a chore chart for myself to make sure I am keeping on track and keeping things clean. It also helps me remember to do things that don't have to be done as often, such as washing ceiling fans. I make the list by putting things down that need to get done in categories: daily, weekly, monthly and yearly. Then I print it out and check things of as I do them! If I ever get really busy, or if something comes up, then I'll just switch things around and adjust so everything still gets done.
Sorry if you can't see it very well, my scanner was not liking me today. If you would like a copy you can customize for yourself, please leave me a comment with your e-mail addy or shoot me an e-mail at cnahorvath [at] yahoo [dot] comFor more tips, check out We Are THAT Family!
**I'm re-posting this tip because I had not used it for awhile and with moving into a new house, I have found the need to use it again**This post was originally published on September 10, 2008
8 comments:
It helps so much to just write it out (or print it out), doesn't it?
WOuld love to have a copy! :)
jtcosby@gmail.com
thanks!
I'd love a copy!!! Thanks so much for a great idea!
I do this too!! My charts are a bit different, but I don't know how I got things done before!
I could definitely use a copy. Thanks!
jennifer[dot]mordock[at]gmail[dot]com
Wow! You are so organized...
I would love a copy. Thank you
workathomeunited1@yahoo.com
I admire you so much. I really don't know how you can be so organized all the time and still find time to be sane. I'd love a copy of this chart!
Post a Comment