I have a daughter that, while so young, teaches me so much. A little story from last night: Peyton and I were eating dinner (Chris was still at work) and all of a sudden Peyton stops eating, folds her arms and bows her head. Oops! We had forgotten to pray!
I quickly followed her example and said the prayer, apologizing as well for forgetting to pray before eating, and said a firm amen. "AMEN!" was her response and she resumed eating.
As much as we think we are teaching our children, they teach us more than we realize and they watch us even when we think they aren't paying attention.
1 comment:
Our children teach us a lot. Kids are sponges. They pick up the bad...and the good. Although, it does make us feel like we're doing something right when they remember to pray when we don't.
Post a Comment