Thursday, January 31, 2008

Recipe Thursday

This recipe we just tried last night and it is soooooo yummy. I think it's pretty healthy, so here's one you can try, Amy!! It made just enough for Chris and I, but it seems like it would be easy to double or even triple. I am going to try to be dilligent about posting at least one recipe a week on Thursday's. Let me know if you have tried and what you thought of it!

Tomato-Basil Chicken
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed tomato soup
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves, crushed
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
4 cups hot cooked whole wheat pasta, any shape (I used rotini)

In medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add chicken and cook 10 minutes until browned. Set chicken aside. Pout off fat. Add soup, milk, cheese, basil and garlic powder to skillet and heat to a boil. Return chicken to pan and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 5 minutes or untl chicken is no longer pink. Serve over hot cooked pasta.

No comments: