So at 2 months, Miss Peyton is 23.5 inches long (the doctor said she is tall! She is in the 90th percentile for her height) and she is 11.05 pounds. Long and lean like her daddy!!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Poor baby!
Tuesday night was our mutual night and Chris and I went as usual. I took Peyton during the activity and Chris took her after for my presidency meeting. While we were praying in the meeting, we all heard a baby crying. "Is that yours?" one of the women asked me. I listened. "No, it's not mine." Near the end of our meeting, we heard a baby crying again and this time, I recognized the cry and went out to get her. I brought her into the meeting with me and calmed her down. Feeling like an excellent mom, I was talking to Chris about how I could tell her cry from other babies. I told him we heard two babies crying during our meeting and I didn't repond the first time because that wasn't Peyton's cry. My husband looked at me with a guilty face. "Actually, that was her crying the first time. I have never heard her cry like that before." I felt horrible! How could I not know my own baby's cry? He then proceeded to tell me why she was crying in such a strange way. Apparently, Chris was showing her off and holding her up a little bit when one of hte boys through a football that bounced up from the floor and WHAM! Hit my precious baby girl right in the head!!!! When he told me that, I asked him who did it. I wanted blood! No one hurts my baby and gets away with it!!! He is smart, even though he didn't feel that way, because he refused to tell me who it was. He said it was an accident and that he had Lisa (a nurse) look at her who declared that she was fine and didn't need to go to the doctor's. Still, I just wanted to cry! Earlier that day she had her 2-month check-up and had to get 3 shots! She had already had a hard day! :(


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awe!! She's ok right??
Yeah that crazy protective thing comes w/ the territory! Welcome to mommy hood...lol! I hate it when owies happen!
i'm glad she's ok. kids are resilient. seriously, it amazes me. (aidan's crazy and hurts himself more than i would care to admit ... hehe)
she's so adorable!
Post a Comment