Thursday, February 3, 2011

Torment by Lauren Kate

*This is the sequel to Fallen.

Torment by Lauren Kate
Summary:

Hell on earth.

That’s what it’s like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel.
It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts—immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.

At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn’t told her everything. He’s hiding something—something dangerous.
What if Daniel’s version of the past isn’t actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?

My Review: 3 of 5 stars

I love YA fiction, I really do. But these girls drive me nuts! They make really dumb choices that I would NEVER do if I were in their shoes. Although now that I think about it, without their dumb choices, the book wouldn't be as exciting I guess. Anyway, a good sequel with a kind of WTF? ending. I know there is going to be a third but if Luce and Daniel are apart the whole book, will it even be worth reading?

1 comment:

Kerr Family said...

When I saw you post 3 of 5 stars on goodreads I really wondered why. Thanks for the review. I hate all the dumb decisions the main characters in books make...or even worse, continue making dumb choices over and over again even though they KNOW it was a bad decision the last time. Ugh! I do think it's possible to make an exciting story without the main character doing dumb mistake after dumb mistake. One series I read that I LOVED...can't even remember all the titles, just one The reckoning Think it was the last book, but all were really good. The main character didn't make stupid mistakes so it wasn't annoying. It was the lame friend that made dumb mistakes and affected the main character. It's possible to have a good story without the dumb choices. But thanks for the review, I still plan on reading it.