Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: No serving trays? No problem!


This last Christmas, we had a party for the youth ages 12-18 in my ward at church. I was doing fondue and needed something to put all the dipping items on, but I do not have any nice serving trays. So in a pinch, I wrapped 2 cookie sheets with nice wrapping paper, and voila! Serving trays!


Just a simple tip that worked for me! For more tips, check out Rocks in my Dryer!

2 comments:

Kerr Family said...

Good Idea! Hey, in the future I have lots of serving trays. I just bought some for my B-day, it's a set of 3 rectangle white ones (from Costco) all different sizes. Actually, the largest one is too large I can't imagine what you would put on it. Then I have 2 crystal round ones and one or two hard plastic Hawaiian print ones...and I have one chaffing dish that actually divides. I like to have dinner parties...but I really haven't used all of them yet. If someone else can get use out of them too I would love it!

Sarah said...

good idea. You could even wrap over the wrapping paper with waxed paper...you could still see the pretty paper and if you were serving something a little moist it wouldn't mess the paper up and look bad.