I was tagged on facebook with this several times, so I figured I would post it here as well! Enjoy!
1. I get ready every day. Doesn't sound like much, but if you know I'm a stay-at-home-mom who, duh, stays home most of the time, then it means a lot more. I don't mean just get dressed either. I full-on do my hair and make-up like I'm going somewhere. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, but I still do it.
2. I'm kind of shy, so I have a hard time making friends. But when I finally get to know someone and my true self comes out...well sometimes they probably wish they hadn't met me.
3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to play volleyball. I would play all day everyday if it were possible. I
decided when I have a nice sized back yard that I am going to have a volleyball net permanently set up there and I will force my kids to play with me...hehe.
4. I have a scar on my right shin. I got so tired of telling the original story that I made up a story about how I lived in the ghetto and there was a drive by at my house while my sister and I were playing in the front yard and I jumped in front of her and got shot in the leg. So if I ever told you that story, I'm sorry, I lied.
5. The real story about the scar was that I broke my leg and had a cast that went up to my knee. While I still had the cast on, I got the chicken pox (I was 5, by the way). Well it itched so bad I would stick things down my cast to scratch my leg. One day I stuck a marker down there and my mom was coming (she would get mad at me for sticking things down there) so I pulled it out really fast only to have the lid come off and get stuck in my cast. So my mom tried to pull it out with a hanger (with tape on the end) but it just dug it further into my skin. When they took the cast of a couple weeks later, the marker lid was lodged in my shin and almost down to the bone. Hence, my scar. (Thanks mom)
6. I really like to play computer games and video games. I have to control myself to actually get things done around here.
7. I am a magazine subscription addict. I have a subscription to 10 different magazines. At least I think it's only 10....
8. I will never bungee jump, skydive, scuba dive, hang glide, or anything else of that nature. I am way too afraid.
9. If I am around negative people, I start to become negative. I am naturally positive, so I always like to be around positive people. So don't drag me down with you!
10. I am a naturally great speller (typos don’t count!) There are very few words I’ve needed to use the dictionary to spell.
11. At one point in my life, I wanted to be a professional masseuse. Then I realized I would be touching random people's naked bodies and that dream died.
12. I blog as a way of keeping a journal. I don't care if no one ever reads it. I print it out and keep a hard copy for myself.
13. I tend to order the same things at restaurants. I figure if I go somewhere and I like something, why waste money on something else I might not like?
14. I've only ever gotten a C on a class once in my life, and I will never forget it. It was 1st semester geometry.
15. I can play 5 instruments: the piano, the flute, the clarinet, the bass clarinet and the electric bass guitar.
16. I have only been out of the country once and it was to Mexico on a cruise. I will probably never go there again.
17. I've never been in a fight (I mean a real fight, ones with siblings don't count)
18. My husband was my first kiss, but not my only
19. I have the worst memory and I often will tell people the same stories over and over because I can't remember if I told them it before. Funny how I can still remember all those words to Spice Girls and NSYNC songs though...
20. I have bitten my nails since I was probably 8 years old. The only way I have found to stop
(temporarily) is to give myself a manicure, which I do every Monday night while watching Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill.
21. If I could go to high school for the rest of my life, I would do it. I loved all 4 years of high school (Junior and Senior year were my favorite though), but I hated college (dropped out before finishing a full semester).
22. I write poems. I haven't written one for a really really really long time, but I used to be pretty darn good at it.
23. I have never drank a drop of alcohol nor taken any kind of illegal drugs. Ever. And I plan to keep it that way.
24. My current favorite thing to eat is fresh steamed green beans. I could eat them all day and all night! So yummy!
25. If I was allowed to pick 1 talent, I would want to be able to sing really well. I love to sing, I just wish I sounded good doing it!
6 comments:
Good job getting ready every day! I think it makes a big difference. And I totally remember you getting your scar - it was the same time I got mine. I order the same things at restaurants too, and for the same reasons. Pot roast and french onion soup at Mimi's. Mmmmmm!
Do you still sell ModBe??? I am interested in having a party.
That is pretty amazing that you get ready every day. I know that it is a challenge. I'm not so good at doing my hair but I make sure I'm clothed and my makeup is done. I'm a ponytail type of gal. Although, I'm getting my haircut next week. So excited. I want it short. I miss short hair.
Loved these 25 things. Helps me get to know you better. I didn't know you could play so many instruments. Do you realize that our ward members read this and now your secret is out....uh oh.
I am the same way with remembering things, Alex is always reminding me that I've told him a story several times. And I still remember lyrics too.
You probably don't remember, but we used to just let the other tell her story even if we had already heard it before because we would both repeat things haha. AND you once wrote those poems for girls camp that I thought were amazing!
It is wonderful learning more about you....thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment