Monday, March 16, 2009

Book Review Monday - Week 4

White Fang by Jack London

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary: White Fang is part dog, part wolf - and the only one of five tiny cubs to survive. In his lonely world, he soon learns to follow the harsh law ofthe North - kill or be killed. But nothing in White Fang's life can prepare him for the cruel owner who buys him and turns him into a vicious killer - a pit dog forced to fight for money. Will White Fang ever know the kindness of a gentle master or will he die a fierce killer?

My take: I am a sucker for happy ending so I loved this one. This is a great story of tragedy and triumph and adaptation. White Fang is an amazing wolf/dog. Some parts made me sad for him, but because it had a happy ending, all is well. I don't know how Jack London could write so compellingly from a wolf's point of view, but he did a fantastic job. Hey, maybe in another life, I could be a wolf! (Only joking). Overall though, a great read, and a wonderful storyline.

1 comment:

Kerr Family said...

I read this book back in Jr. High. I liked the book and the movie was really good too.

Hey, I got a call from the Library and my Twilight CD on tape finally came in. I have all 4 books on disc now...yay. I can finally re-read the entire series. Can you guess what my next book will be...lol!