Monday, March 9, 2009

Book Review Monday - Week 3

The Call of the Wild by Jack London

My rating: 5 stars
Summary: This gripping story follows the adventures of the loyal dog Buck, who is stolen from his comfortable family home and forced into the harsh life of an Alaskan sled dog. Passed from master to master, Buck embarks on an extraordinary journey that ends with his becoming the legendary leader of a wolf pack.

My take: It's a pretty short book, but it is extremely descriptive. I love it when you can picture it so much better because they describe it really well. The language is a little different that what I am used to, but it is a really great story. It's so crazy to me the way nature works. Buck gets ripped from his home where he's grown up in the care of humans all his life, and turns into a dog that even the wolves don't mess with. Very inspirational and riveting.
Coming next week: White Fang by Jack London

1 comment:

Kerr Family said...

I read this when I was in Jr. High. I'm not a fan of classics but I do remember this was a good story. I still have about 150 pages to my book from last week. So, I need a short book for this week.