
I discovered something about myself about 2 years ago that I never would have thought existed within me:
I love to play volleyball!
I was never really into sports growing up. I would play at school or at a mutual activity because it was required of me, but never because I wanted to. I was always a dance/cheer/gymnastics sort of girl.
About 2 years ago, some good friends invited my hubby and I to play with them on Tuesday nights at our church building. I kept putting them off because I really didn't think it was my thing, but finally they convinced us and we went.
And just like that, I was hooked!
I wouldn't miss my Tuesday nights now for anything! Not even chocolate ice cream (and that's really saying something). I had to take a hiatus from volleyball when I was pregnant and my stomach got so big it was affecting my balance (well, and because people were playing so carefully around me, it was starting to drive me nuts).
But now, I am back. It is one thing that I look forward to every week and even though I am definitely not the next Kerri Walsh, I still love it.

3 comments:
I LOVE volleyball too. I used to play every Thursday night for years. I'm so glad you invited me out. I really missed it. Although I would love to say I wouldn't miss it either...my memory is so terrible I miss it because I just can't remember...so sad!
Fun Fun! Although I am not the greatest when it comes to volleyball I still think it's fun. Love the little cartoon at the bottom.
man i miss volleyball.
i'm glad you've found it!
Post a Comment