Monday, September 29, 2008

Our Trip to the L.A. County Fair...

...was a total bust. I should have seen the signs all along the way, but I didn't. It started when we took the wrong exit and had to drive awhile before we could turn around. Then we had to park in the boonies. Seriously, it took us forever to walk all the way up to the entrance. By the time we made our trek to the entrance gate, I was expecting to pay the $5 after 5pm promotion. Well it turns out that promotion wasn't going on when we went, so we had to pay full price ($12 each!). By this time we were very hungry and went in search of something that wasn't deep fried. No luck, so we had corn dogs and lemonade. Of course when we finally found a bench to eat on, we were there about 10 minutes when some smart guy decides to sit right next to us on the bench and light up a cigarette. Uh, hello? Rude much? So we held our breath and made a quick escape.

Our first stop after that was to go and see all of the barn animals. Big mistake.

Peyton watching the baby goats play



First, Chris was feeding one of the goats its own food, and we got yelled at by a worker. Then, a goat sneezed on us. It was disgusting. It was all over Chris's hands, on my arms and on Peyton's shirt. Nasty.
Chris feeding the goat it's own food. Apparently, that's not allowed.

The evil goat that sneezed on us.

So by this time we were walking away from the animals, and going to look around the little marketplace they had. Well on the way over there, Chris decides to get Peyton out of her stroller and put him on his shoulders. Next thing I know, he looks at me and says, "What is that?" and points to his shirt. It was poop. Peyton's poop all over the front of his shirt and on his neck and obviously spilling out of her diaper onto her. Dis-gus-ting.

That was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back for us and so we decided (after only an hour and a half) that it was time to go home. We couldn't find a nearby restroom so we walked all the way back to the car where I changed Peyton's diaper (with only 2 wipes, by the way, (now that is what I call skills) and clothes (luckily, I brought extras!) And Chris drove us home with no shirt on. Poor guy.That's me, changing the nasty diaper

The blowout diaper



We didn't get to do our fair tradition which is to take pictures in the photo booth, so I was sad about that, but I think this is just one of those times that was a real drag, but we will be able to just look back at it and laugh. At least I hope so...

3 comments:

Kerr Family said...

It's hard to look back right away and say...gee, that was funny. It takes about a week to find the hilarity in things. I was laughing at your problems, but I wasn't there. Sounds like one bad thing after another. Too bad. I love the fair but the cost is just insane. We didn't go this year...maybe next year!

Adri said...

Sad! But funny. :) I figure if you're going to look back and laugh one day, why not just laugh now?

Jodi Jean said...

UGH ... sorry!! that's pretty dang nasty about the poop on chris' neck, robby would have been gagging!! we didn't go this year ... i didn't feel like wandering around in the madness being so pregnant and all.