Friday, September 26, 2008

Monkey See, Monkey Do

I probably should change the title, since my child is in no way a monkey, but continuing on with my story...

I still bathe Peyton in her little tub. It's not because I can't let go or because I don't want her to grow up, it's mostly for convenience. Our bathrub/shower does not make Peyton easily accessible from the outside and I would rather not take a bath with her every night. But I digress...
Peyton still takes a bath in her infant tub every night before bed. It's part of her routine. Well, last night as I was doing the usual filling of the tub, checking the temperature (with my hand, not a thermometer) and adjusting the knobs, I noticed Peyton start to do something.
Right before my eyes, she reached with her hand into the tub, splashed it around and then reached over to the knobs on the sink like she was adjusting them!! I almost died on the floor laughing! (And of course, the little copycat she is, just starts laughing too).

It is just so amazing to see her learn and grow and become her own little person. I am so blessed to be able to stay home with her and witness all these little moments and help to shape the woman she is growing up to be.

2 comments:

Kerr Family said...

It's so much fun to watch your babies grow and develop. You are so lucky and fortunate to be home and not miss the little things she does. Enjoy every minute of it because they grow up way too fast.

Jodi Jean said...

isn't that the best? aidan has become quite the parrot and now copies back every word we say ... soo dang fun. i can't wait to start the cycle all over again with finley!