Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Damon's Birth Story (finally!)

I have had this idea to write Damon's birth story for a long time, but I had a bad case of writers block for awhile. The story finally revealed itself to me just yesterday, so here it is. In case you're wondering why it kind of sounds familiar, it's because I wrote it in a 'Twas the Night Before Christmas kind of style. Enjoy!!

Damon Lee Horvath’s Birth Story

Written by: Amanda Horvath


‘Twas just after midnight, on the 16th of July,

The day of my due date had finally arrived.


The hospital bag was half-packed and askew,

When this baby would come? I hadn’t a clue.


Peyton was quiet & asleep in her bed,

My husband was passed out (he sleeps like the dead).


When all of a sudden there came a big gush,

I jumped up and ran, to the bathroom I rushed.


My water had broken, the big day was here!

‘What now? What to do?’ I started to fear.


A shower I took, as long as I dared,

Family was called, Chris’s mom would be there.


Contractions were coming, to the hospital we sped,

“Step on it, mister! No stopping!” I said.


A wheelchair I rode and people did peek,

As all through the hospital, I dripped and I leaked.


A hospital gown, a bed and IV,

An oxygen mask, epidural (yippee!)


Nausea and barfing (expected this time),

So drugs I received, the relief was divine.


Waiting and waiting, attempting to sleep,

So hard to do with the machines going “BEEP!”


My nurse had come in, checked me again,

Looked at me, smiled, and said “You’re a 10!”


Pushing and pushing, the time quickly passed,

And before I knew it, he was here at last!


Already so sweet, he barely even cried

When they gave him to me, his eyes opened wide.


He got very quiet, so still, so alert,

I knew he knew me, and my heart gave a lurch.


I was so afraid that I couldn’t love two,

But, so it seems, my heart simply grew.


Damon Lee, my first boy, I loved from the start,

He will forever hold a place in my heart.





Photobucket

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Very cute and creative way to tell your story. That would be perfect for his baby book. It sounds like everything went really well too, with no complications, what a blessing!

BTW- The other night I put some little clips in Natalie's hair just to keep it out of her face while she was doing something and she said, "Hey, Peyton has these!" Apparently both girls are very observant about the other's hair accessories.

aprilaleman said...

how cute and creative! Why don't you write mine now?! :) j/k