Monday, April 5, 2010

Chuck E. Cheese

I would have liked to post about our Easter day yesterday, but it seems the internet is not my friend, so it will have to wait until tomorrow. Until then, here is a post about Peyton's first time at Chuck E. Cheese (last week).

Let's just say it was her first time, and probably her last. Chuck E. Cheese has changed a WHOLE lot since I was a kid. But Peyton always points it out whenever we pass it, and we had a coupon and a free night, so we went.

I was waiting at a table for our pizza, while my hubby took Peyton to play some games. Well apparently when other kids run out of tokens, they play your game for you. He said he was playing the ski ball game with Peyton when these kids ran up and started stealing the balls before Peyton could even get a chance to grab them!! Let's just say, he us a much more patient person than I am, because I would have probably been yelling at them!

The other thing I noticed that kids would do (this didn't happen to Peyton, just an observation I made) was there was this little mini carousel ride that had 4 horses on it and one kid would put a token in and start to ride when all these other kid would come running up and jump on!! There were so many kids on at one point that the ride was barely moving! Ridiculous.

Not to mention that most of the parents were sitting at tables, while their kids ran around unsupervised. That can be fine, but some of these kids were so young and some of them were just crazy!!

Needless to say, Peyton had fun (and once I went around playing games with her, no kids dared to come up and try to steal her balls. I guess I had that "look" about me.) But I think we'll be sticking with John's Incredible Pizza from now on. Better food and much more parental supervision.


Carousel ride



Ski ball



She was so excited to see Chuck E. Cheese. She kept talking about it afterward, how she gave him a big hug and he waved to her.
Her spoils: a straw and a sucker. Whoopee!


Photobucket

3 comments:

Laurel said...

That's crazy that they took her balls!

Natalie went to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time last summer in Utah. I am not anxious to repeat the experience either. The pizza was gross and the little rides they had were dumb.

It seemed a lot more fun when I was a kid.

Kristen said...

How adorable! i can't believe how some kids get so nuts! I'm glad you're a tough momma bear!

Kristen said...

ps I just checked out what you're making and I saw those "sushi" rolls somewhere else online, but they put swedish fish on the top. I thought they were so cute! Let us know how they turn out!