I'm Not Fat, I'm Pregnant
I feel very fortunate. With my pregnancies, I seem to get it pretty easy. No morning sickness and no real symptoms, except a bit of tiredness. But my least favorite pregnancy stage is still within the first 4 months or so. It's the time when you feel and look fat, not pregnant. Shouldn't we be allowed to wear some sort of badge or something that says, "I'm Pregnant, Not Fat."? It only seems fair. So rather than people looking at you like maybe you had one too many doughnuts this morning, they would look at you with a little more compassion and understanding. How come they don't market shirts that say "This isn't from eating too much at the buffet last night, this is my 2-month pregnant belly?"I just wish as soon as you were pregnant, boom, pregnant belly would appear. It would make my life a whole lot more comfortable. Here I am only about 8 weeks along and already I am starting to wear some of my smaller maternity clothes to hide my "bump" that looks more like a pooch and unbutton my jeans when I'm sitting for awhile. This gives a whole new meaning to "letting it all hang out."
7 comments:
haha, I know what you mean. Today I FINALLY looked in the mirror and thought "Yippee! I totally look pregnant!" Nordstrom sells a t-shirt called the boyfriend tee. It's $20 for a simple t-shirt but it hides the pooch really well, and it fits cute.
Your already wearing maternity clothes! You have a ways to go girly. :) I am so excited and I can't wait to rub your tummy and see this cute little one when he/she arrives. Maybe you need to invent that shirt.you'd make $$$
I totally feel for ya, girl! I still feel that way, and I'm already 7 1/2 MONTHS pregnant!
You know, you can always make your own t-shirt with iron-on letters from Joann's, Wal-Mart, or Michael's :) I love that idea! I may just do it myself :)
bahahaha so funny! i never want to ask anyone about being pregnant unless it's really obvious. what if they're barely pregnant or they just had the baby? at least you're pretty and people would look at you regardless!
LOL, so very true! Ya know I actaully saw a shirt that says I'm not fat, I'm pregnant on a maternity clothing site. :) I'd so much rather have the chub look going then this HUGE baby buddha belly!! Almost here though, don't worry your buddha belly will be here soon.
At JoAnn's I saw an Iron-on that said "yes, i'm pregnant. No you cannot rub my belly" and thought of you. :)
Post a Comment