Thursday, February 23, 2012

Today

Today was one of those days where at the end of the day, with my kids all tucked in and sleeping away, I can sit here and say, "I was a good mom today."

We made a quick stop at the grocery store this morning and then headed to the park. It was a gorgeous day and we were the only ones there! The kids had a blast and all they wanted to do was swing, which was fine with me. I pushed them until I could push no more and then we left.

We had a snack and the kids played with toys together while I read a magazine. This was followed by lunch and naps.

After naps we took a walk up and down our street and got the mail. Then we had some coloring time (Peyton on the chalkboard on her easel and Damon on a Toy Story 3 picture with some colored pencils). After that we watched a movie and I let them eat some skittles.

Daddy took Damon with him to run an errand at Home Depot and Peyton and I cleaned up the toys and her room.

Finally, they played some more while I made dinner (pancakes, which Peyton was so excited about, she hugged me and said thank you!). After dinner clean-up we headed upstairs to get ready for bed. Teeth were brushed. Songs were sung. Prayers were said. Kisses were given.

It was a good day.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Monica said...

You are a great Mom!!! Love you :)