Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Better

Is there anything you wouldn't do for your child when he/she is sick?

The other night (well, I guess it was morning since it was 4am) I held my sick, feverish 18-month old boy and wished that I could just take his pain away and be sick for him.

I prayed and prayed that he would be able to be comforted and get the sleep his sick little body would need to help him recover.

It is in those moments that I can truly get a glimpse about how our Heavenly Father feels about us all the time. I'm sure that he just wishes sometimes that he could just take our pain away because he loves us so very much.

It is also in those moments that I realize how much I need to let the little things go. I realize how much I say no, when I should just say yes. I realize how much I yell much more than I praise.

Those moments give me the reminder I need to try a little harder to be a little better. So as much as I hate those moments, they teach me and remind me where my priorities are and how I can do better.



Photobucket

1 comment:

Kerr Family said...

You are so right. It's a good reminder, thanks for that!